Liked on YouTube: Do you use single use pads every month?

Do you use single use pads every month?
Subah said, "Quite honestly, the idea of my sanitary pad lying around in a landfill for years, makes me feel a little uncomfortable 😣 I know when you watch this video, you will question “But aren’t cloth pads so inconvenient?” 💁🏻‍♀️ From my experience, they’re definitely not as convenient as tossing a disposable one in the bin 🗑 But like most things that are actually healthy for you and the planet 🌎 they require conscious effort & can feel inconvenient at first. Here’s what I do: 👉🏼 Around 70% of my cycle, I use cloth pads. But when I have to go out for long hours, I use the disposable one (it’s absolutely fine to do as much as you can, rather than having an all-or-nothing approach) 👉🏼 At least on my low flow days, I use cloth pads. For days when I have heavy flows (especially if I’m out and about), I use the disposable. 👉🏼 Oftentimes, even when I’m going out, I carry cloth pads. Many cloth pads are designed such that after use, you can fold & button them up tightly. They remain cleanly packed in the bag. After I return home, within 24 hours, I simply put them to wash. Menstrual cups, on the other hand, are not generally degradable but a single cup can be used for up to 10 years! So if you feel comfortable using them, they too are a great option 🌱 A big thank you to @ecofemme for spreading this knowledge & making cloth pads available for women. Your work is truly inspiring!" Video credits to @SatvicMovement . Thank you so much for helping us spread awareness through this video!
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQq8gLkI23o

Comments